For The Love of Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Pet My Friend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladybug1115
Administrator
Administrator
Ladybug1115

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2007-10-04

My Pet My Friend Empty
PostSubject: My Pet My Friend   My Pet My Friend Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:59 am

By Byron Pulsifer
Thousands upon thousands of people world-wide enjoy having a pet as part of their household. And, one of the challenges every pet owner has is to find good pet names. Some people decide to name their pet even before they find the type of pet they want. In other cases, people decide upon a good pet name based on some unique characteristic of their pet after observing some of their individual antics for a few days or weeks.

Pets provide some unique advantages to people. Some people find that owning a pet hones their skills for caring and nurturing. I have known many people over the years that have had a pet to care, to train, and to form an integral part of their household long before they have children.

Now, I'm not saying that caring for a pet is the same as caring for a child. What I am suggesting, however, is that some of the routines associated with consistent pet training also apply to being consistent with positive reinforcement so necessary when raising a child.

Also, pets provide the companionship to many single people as well as to many seniors. There is something very special about having a pet when you live alone. This pet isn't just a pet; this pet is bonded to you always there to provide devotion. Your pet is always there to welcome you home after a hard days work, and is always there as a friendly distraction so as to give you an opportunity to forget about little things that really are not important.

You may have had a very trying day but your special friend is always there to provide loving attention. It's hard to remain in a down mood when you know there is an unquestioning loyal friend there to play, to walk, to run, to entertain with their own special characteristics, or loving antics.

Unfortunately, not everyone that has a pet treats them the way they deserve. Take some dogs, for example. How many times have you been out and about and noticed a dog that is neglected, who has to stay outside no matter how inclement the weather without having a shelter to retreat to?

How many times have you seen someone mistreat their dog with harsh treatment, or worse still, with physical abuse? Would a human friend put up this kind of abuse? I think not. To me, these kinds of people should never be allowed to have a pet of any kind.

Human friends may come and go, move away, or leave you when you're feeling down. But, your pet is there as a constant companion, never complaining (unless you don't feed them on time), always up for some fun, and never without an unkind remark.
Back to top Go down

My Pet My Friend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Love of Animals :: General Discussion :: Pet Discussion-
Jump to: