For The Love of Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dogs Are People Too

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladybug1115
Administrator
Administrator
Ladybug1115

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Dogs Are People Too Empty
PostSubject: Dogs Are People Too   Dogs Are People Too Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2008, 1:31 pm

By Denny Phillips
Have you ever noticed the big brown eyes of your dog pleading with you to get a bite of food or to be taken for a walk? Those eyes are telling you something. They are literally speaking to you. It just affirms my belief that dogs are people too.

Each dog has his own unique personality, just like the members of your family do. Do you have a rambunctious, energetic little boy who runs around the house with a paper airplane, zooming from this room to the next? Have you ever seen a Jack Russell Terrier with a lot of nervous energy racing around the yard? Maybe you have a sweet little princess of a girl, wanting to dress up or cuddle at any occasion. Isn't her personality just like that of your docile little Yorkshire Terrier that wants to sit in your lap every time you sit down? The personalities of dogs closely resemble humans, whether they are active, domineering or calm. How can you fail to compare them? -Dogs are people too.

Dogs feel the same feelings that anyone else in the household does. If you are down and depressed they know it and respond accordingly. How often have you noticed your pet putting his head in your lap seemingly trying to sympathize with you at one of your low points in life? When you get excited over your new promotion or at a special occasion, does your dog not jump around too? Have you ever noticed that your dog gets just as excited over going for a walk as one of your children might when told they are being taken to an amusement park? -Dogs are people too.

Dogs become as much a part of the family as any other member does. They share in your outings when you take the family for a swim at the lake. They participate at a birthday party while your children are running around playing a game. They are introduced to each guest that visits your home. And you proudly show them off as they do their tricks, just as you would your piano-playing daughter. -Dogs are people too.

Dogs can be just as picky in their eating habits as one of your children might be as well. I know our dog will eat all the left-overs we feed him, but will leave behind every individual green pea he finds in the bowl. But, he will also eat any broccoli offered by one of the kids. He will turn up his nose at some dry foods, but greedily devour others. Your dog, like mine, surely has his own taste in what he likes and dislikes, just as people do. -Dogs are people too.

When your dog is sick, do you not take him to the doctor to find out what's wrong? Do you not worry over him, and try to nurse him back to health? I am sure that when he is sick you try to tempt him to eat with choice bits of food. And you try to administer his medicine with just as much care as you would to any other family member that is ill. -Dogs are people too.

And when your dog finally spends his last hours and passes away, do you not cry over him just as much as any other family member who dies? He was your loving companion. He was loyal to the end. You will miss his little ways and there will be an emptiness in the house. He was a member of your family and participated in all aspects of your family life. He was just like a person to you, with all his faults and unique little character traits. In the end you know you loved him-and that is why I know that dogs are people too!
Back to top Go down

Dogs Are People Too
Page 1 of 1